B.A. History, UC San Diego
Advisor: Dr. Allison Perlman
First Field: US History
Second Field: Gender & Sexuality History
Graduate Emphasis: The Department of Gender & Sexuality Studies' Graduate Feminist Emphasis
Haleigh is primarily interested in the histories of gender and sexuality in the mid-to-late 20th century United States. Haleigh’s research focuses on Orange County, California during the 1980s; she seeks to understand how Orange County’s position as a suburban area uniquely influenced its LGBT activism.
Dissertation topic: LGBT rights movement in Orange County, California
- Highest Honors in History, UC San Diego, 2019
- “The National Organization for Women, the Equal Rights Amendment, and California NOW Chapters’ Lesbian Feminist Activism.” Women and Social Movements in the United States, 1600-2000. Accepted for publication, pending final revisions.
- Biographical Sketch of Lillian C. Hough. Online Biographical Dictionary of Militant Woman Suffragists, 1913-1920 (2019). https://documents.alexanderstreet.com/d/1010111728
- Biographical Sketch of Sarah Wilde Houser. Online Biographical Dictionary of Militant Woman Suffragists, 1913-1920 (2019). https://documents.alexanderstreet.com/d/1010111729
- “Opinion: Christina Shea’s Homophobic Past Called into Question.” Irvine Watchdog, October 8, 2020. https://irvinewatchdog.org/2020/10/08/opinion-christina-sheas-homophobic- past-called-into-question/.